NEED TO KNOW
SPECIALIZING FOR THE FACE
- Cheek : Wax 15 minutes
- Chin : Wax 15 minutes
- Forehead : Wax 15 minutes
- Lip : Wax 15 minutes
- Waxing will not change the color of hair within the follicle, and hair actually grows in finer than it was before.
- Please do not tan either in the sun or in a tanning booth 48 hours prior to waxing.
- Lightly exfoliate your skin several days before waxing.
- Accutane, Coumadin or other blood thinners, alpha-hydroxy acids, Retin-A, glycolic acids, hydroquinone, topical cortisone, and some antidepressants can aggravate waxing.
- It is not recommended that you wax after receiving micro or manual dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, a peel, or surgical removal of any growth in the area to be waxed.
- Schedule your waxing service the first two weeks after your cycle. Your sensitivity level is a lot less during this time.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol as they can stimulate the skin, making you more sensitive and increasing redness after waxing.
- Pregnancy can also increase sensitivity.
DAY OF SERVICE
- On the day of your waxing services, you will want to make sure you thoroughly cleanse the area being waxed and that the skin is moist but not greasy from oils or lotions.
- After waxing avoid extended sun exposure for 48 hours.
- Avoid hot showers or baths, immediately following the service.
- Scented lotions, perfumes, or colognes should be avoided for 48 hours.
- If you have recently applied a sunless tanning product, waxing can pull skin and cause the tanning solution to fade more quickly.